The Fabrique Culturelle Lantern competition will take place during Rivers of Light’s week of festivities.
For this competition
· Only willow lanterns are admissible
· Your lantern will be judged on the day of the Rivers of Light lantern parade
· A monetary prize is offered in each category
· The lantern-making workshops will take place at the Centre des arts de la scène Jean-Besré (CASJB) and the departure point is at the CASJB.
· There is no fixed entrance fee for the competition. However, a voluntary contribution which goes toward the purchase of the material is always welcome.
There are 2 categories
Individual (15 years and +)
This lantern is created by an individual aged 15 years or older
The prize for this category is 300$ in cash
Family or group
This lantern is created by a minimum of 2 people. It is for all ages.
The prize for this category is 200$ in cash.
The winners will be chosen by a jury the day of the Lantern Parade to be held on the 28th of September 2019.
The announcement of the winners will be made at the Rivers of Light Night-Market upon arrival of the Lantern Parade on the 28th of September 2019.
All lanterns which are entering the competition must be registered at the Centre des arts de la scène Jean-Besré no later than Friday the 27th of September 27 by 9pm. No exceptions will be allowed.
Participation in the Lantern Parade is mandatory to be eligible for the competition (lantern workshops are open to all).
To participate in the lantern competition, you must take part in one of the Rivers of Light workshops taking place from the 23rd to 28th.
You can pick up your lantern from 7pm the day of the lantern parade.
Only willow lanterns are eligible for the contest.
ATTENTION: lantern workshops for the lantern competition will only be available from Monday, September 23 to Friday, September 27. Any lanterns made before the festival or on Saturday the 28th of September will not be eligible.
The size (the heart of the lantern should not exceed 25 inches in width or length, but you can tie several lanterns together if they are easily detachable)